Three Month Time Jump Between S3 & S4.
Mostly from a TV guide interview;
1) One issue is that there is a looming shortage of brains for the zombies.
2) Corruption will be the main culprit among those who are in power.
3) Thomas confirmed in a TV Guide interview that Jason Dohring will reprise his role in "iZombie" Season 4.
I was dead (p.i.) wrong about this.
4) Chase will be "under a ton of pressure" despite having a huge chunk of authority. First of all, the unwilling zombies are not feel happy being the bargaining chip between his company and the government. Thomas added, "He's got a city full of humans who aren't happy that, among other things, the Seahawks have left town and that some people in the U.S. want to nuke Seattle."
Chase is a dead man walking (also p.i.) for the Seahawks leaving.
5) Blaine (David Anders) and Major (Robert Buckley) will join the dark side again for separate personal reasons. Clive's (Malcolm Goodwin) partner (Bozzio) is now a zombie and Peyton (Aly Michalka) will work for a zombie. Meanwhile, Ravi (Rahul Kohli) will likely sacrifice himself for science to find a cure.
A little surprised by Major going dark.
6) "It is like having to build a new world," Thomas told TV Guide in an interview. "Some of this we thought about last [season] but we're having to drill down on a lot of these things. And they're really interesting questions like, how many people would flood out of Seattle and interestingly, who would flood in?"
I love this show and thought I'd this with you...
Show creator Rob Thomas hinted that six out of 10 plots (listed below) are bound to happen, "10 things we want from #iZombie season 3. 6 of these are certain. 3 are possible. Source Spoiler Warning:
If you haven’t seen the second season of iZombie and you want to avoid spoilers, stop reading now. If you want to hear the hints for next season, keep reading.
Before the show’s return next year, I’ve put together the Top 10 things I’d like to see when it returns…
- Liv to eat the brains of more outlandish characters. One of the best things about iZombie is Rose McIver’s incredible performance. She never disappoints and she really throws herself into the personality of whoever’s brain Liv consumes. We’ve seen her do character such as frat boys, ladies who lunch and nerds and when she gets big personalities to explore, she really shines.
- Liv and Major to get back together. Drake (Greg Finley) was a good distraction for Liv but I’d much rather see her work things out with Major. The characters have a lot of history and fantastic chemistry and now they are both zombies (again) there is surely a good possibility that they could be together again.
- Blaine (David Anders) to get his memories back. After injecting himself with the cure, Blaine accidentally turned himself into an amnesiac, which provided plenty of comic relief in the back part of the second season. Blaine is always at his best when he’s being dastardly so I hope he returns to his wicked ways quickly.
- A bigger role for Peyton (Aly Michalka). It has already been confirmed that Michalka has been upped to series regular for the new season so it’s safe to say this is pretty much guaranteed. Peyton got dragged much further into Liv’s world during season 2 and there’s a spark there with Blaine too after the two slept together.
- Plenty more Ravi (Rahul Kohli). Everyone knows that Ravi is iZombie’s secret weapon and he’s the funniest character in the show. I enjoyed the way he got his own sub-plots during season 2 and it would be good to see him get a bigger arc in season 3. It looks like a Ravi-Peyton-Blaine love triangle could be on the cards but we’d rather see him getting his own plot with his bromance partner Major.
- Babineaux to be brought further into the fold. Now he knows Liv’s secret, there’s no reason that Babineaux can’t get involved in more of the shenanigans. Until now he’s been on the outside of Liv and her friends but now he can really sink his teeth into the cases with the full knowledge of where Liv gets her ‘special powers’ from.
- A big showdown with Vivian. The new big bad (?) seems determined to turn Seattle in a zombie homeland but we doubt Liv and her friends are going to let that happen. I’m hoping that Vivian is a darker character than Vaughn who will bring a more menacing presence to the show.
- New characters. Now that everyone in Liv’s inner circle knows her secret, it’s time for some new characters to come into play that have no idea that she’s really a zombie. Failing that I’d be interested to know what happened to Liv’s family, as they’ve been absent through much of season 2.
- Ravi to stay human. There are rumours circulating that Ravi could become a zombie in season 3. I hope he doesn’t get turned as often the voice of reason for Liv and acts as her conscience when the brains she’s eaten are controlling her. I’m not sure how the dynamic would work if he, Liv and Major were all zombies.
- Major to never wear a shirt. I’m just kidding (kinda). Robert Buckley is a fantastic actor but he’s even more fantastic when he’s given no short by the wardrobe department. Admit it, you know I’m right…
What do you think?